Mamo Pay is a next-generation financial app that will change the way individuals, groups and communities share payments with one another and manage finances.
We are a new VC backed startup aspiring to become the regions favorite finance and payments provider. You will be working with an international team of ex-Googlers with years of experience in product design, engineering, operations and marketing. At Mamo Pay our employees come first. We believe by taking care of our employees, they will take care of our users.
As a Product Manager you will work directly with the founders to organize, prioritize and assess work for our scrum team. Product Manager responsibilities include gathering feature requests, scheduling releases and coordinating sprints. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. You will balance the intersections of design, development and business.
With an entrepreneurial spirit, you relish the opportunity to lead and operate from the inside out between the intersections of design, development and business requirements—with creative and critical action centered around people, users and teams. You’re driven by empathy, co-creation, and innovation.
- Take lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner.
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements.
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on.
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product.
- Contribute to the overall product vision, road-map and growth opportunities.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Work closely with co-founders to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product.
- Follow our competitors and the industry.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Product Manager for 5 year(s).
- MA in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Demonstrates flexibility when addressing shifting or competing priorities.
- Impeccable personal time management.
- Excellent leadership skills, problem resolution abilities, and good judgment.
- Strong command of English language both verbal and written a must.