As a Backend Software Engineer you will write well-documented, thoroughly tested, scalable, and extensible code. You should understand the importance of agility and rapid prototyping during the development cycle, but are careful never to sacrifice quality when shipping code. You will need to work and communicate well within a small team of developers, UX designers, and business minds and learn new technologies and seek the help of others in areas where you lack experience.
- Design the application backend, including APIs & databases.
- Setup the backend infrastructure to run on various cloud platforms (DevOps).
- Future-proof the backend through microservices architectures.
- Integrate the backend with various 3rd party banking / finance APIs.
- Setup and manage test automation & CI/CD processes.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BS/MA in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field.
- Proven experience deploying backend servers & APIs on GCP.
- Experience with DevOps & Automation: GKE, GCE, Docker, Ansible, Redis
- Experience with cloud-based databases (eg. Google Cloud SQL, Firestore, BigQuery).
- Experience with Ruby & Ruby on Rails
- Experience with scripting languages (eg. python).
- Published microservices architectures supporting native mobile apps.
- Familiar with source-control management (Git & Github).
- Prior experience in working with Scrum and/or Agile methodologies.
- Experience with unit testing & test automation frameworks for backend/API development.
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Strong command of English language, both verbal and written a must.