Brand management policy
At Mamo, we're committed to protecting our identity with the same rigor that we manage every aspect of the business. Mamo Brand and Identity Systems are unique, and our name and logo will soon be a legally binding registered Trademark. As one of our most valuable assets, every element within the Mamo Brand and Identity Systems must be applied appropriately, consistently, and correctly.
Purpose and context
1. This document sets out our policy on using Mamo Brand and Identity Systems and the procedures and guidelines for management and enhancement;
2. Positioning Mamo as a strong brand helps differentiate us from other financial service providers and gives us a long-term competitive advantage. Therefore effective Brand Management is integral to our long-term success. As such, we need a consistent and strategic approach to Brand Management.
3. Clear and effective Brand Management Policy and Procedures help us:
- Protect the image and reputation of our company;
- Ensure the protection of the visual identity of our business;
- Provide frameworks for Brand compliance and Identity enhancement and development;
- Ensure a consistent approach in the application and representation of our company Values;
- Help teams and agency partners maintain a consistent, high-quality Brand Identity in target markets and the wider community;
- Guide the development of promotional and other material in both a visual and written context;
- Protect the usage of all company-related Trademarks.
4. Mamo Brand Management Policy and Procedures apply to all forms of promotion and any material using the company Brandmarks or nameplates; this includes material produced for internal or external circulation.
For this policy:
- Company Material ⏤ is the material produced or controlled by the company or any Controlled Entity to promote or represent the company, including all products and services: i. Publications (hard or soft copy material such as; prospectuses, brochures, journals, newsletters, newspapers, magazines, event publications, leaflets, stationery, direct mail, research reports); ii. Electronic media (radio, television, film, photography, multimedia presentations, digital media files); iii. Web sites, emails, social media platforms, and text-based messages; iv. All forms of advertising; v. Corporate products and merchandise;
- Advertising ⏤ means information or images published or broadcast in any media;
- Brand ⏤ the system of values, benefits, attributes, culture, and personality defining and differentiating the company, current and future portfolio of products and services;
- Brandmarks ⏤ company logos are composed of two elements: i. Mamo and Mamo Pay Logomark (also known as the Symbol or Emblem); ii. Mamo and Mamo Pay Wordmark (also known as the Logotype).
- Trademarks ⏤ symbols, devices, names, or words recognized under the provisions of the UAE Trademark Law (as may be amended from time to time) which may be registered or unregistered and distinguish and differentiate the goods or services of one trader (including the company) from others;
- Financial Promotion - Any form of invitation or inducement for a potential customer to engage in Mamo's products and services.
- Mamo Brand Management is crucial to the company's long-term success. Positioning Mamo as a solid and protected Brand helps differentiate the business from other comparative services and provides a long-term competitive advantage. Therefore, all employees must take responsibility for protecting the integrity of the Mamo Brand and Identity Systems;
- Mamo Brandmarks cannot be used without prior approval from the Chief Experience Officer (CXO), except for already produced materials, official forms, or pre-approved arrangements;
- Mamo Brandmarks are the sole visual identity representation of the company, its products, or its services. No other logos, identifiers, or variations are permitted;
- The development of new Brandmarks or any changes to existing Brandmarks must be done in conjunction with and endorsed by the CXO. Before release, any changes are to be approved by the CXO;
- Branding, as a term, does not mean the production and application of logos. Instead, Branding refers to applying communication and design principles in developing a framework that promotes unique characteristics relevant to a particular audience. At all times, Branding is to remain consistent with Mamo's overarching Brand and Visual Identity Systems;
- Mamo's Online Brand Guidelines will be the official source of information regarding the correct use of the Brandmarks, colors, fonts, design style(s), grid layouts, and use of creative assets in a range of applications;
- Applications include but are not limited to stationery and forms; materials (advertisements, brochures, magazines, direct mail); website; digital media; videos; and signage, vehicles, display materials, and exhibits;
- All material and advertising promoting the company must comply with Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) regulation, and any other laws which apply to such activity and will not be approved or must be withdrawn if it portrays, promotes, implies, or suggests any other thing which, in the reasonable view of the CXO, would damage the reputation, standing or Brand of the company;
- Co-branding: It's recognized that the company may seek to build partnerships or strategic alliances for its purposes and enhance its position; the CXO must approve all co-branding.
- The CXO must approve all company material and advertising promoting the company before publication or production in respect of financial promotion material; the CXO must also consult with the Compliance Officer;
- The CXO maintains a Register of all approved material. Material stored in the Register can be used without seeking further approval. Where items on the Register require an alteration, modification or update, permission must be requested. The Register may be accessed via firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The CXO will review all requests for approval in a reasonable time frame, having regard for production timelines and market imperatives;
- The CXO may delegate authority for approval of material and advertising promoting the company to another Officer of the company, or where such material or advertising relates to promoting a regulated entity to an officer of that controlled entity. Such delegation must follow any other Delegations (Administrative) Policy and the company Officer and the regulated entity must develop appropriate procedures to ensure compliance with this Mamo Brand Management Policy;
- The CXO has available a series of Approval Procedures. These procedures must be used when seeking approval for material or advertising. Requests to approve material and advertisements will not be considered without the corresponding approval procedures being followed.
- Mamo's Online Brand Guidelines is a system of usage principles and guidance notes that apply to various applications for the company. These applications include materials produced across all communications platforms such as print, website, digital media, photography and video, stationery, signage, and exhibits. The purpose of these guidelines is to distinguish our Brand in the marketplace, achieve consistency in how we are perceived, strengthen our identity, and build brand recognition through integrated efforts. Mamo's Online Brand Guidelines may be accessed via the link;
- The role of Brand in the company, product, and service marketing is integral, reflecting our Mission, Purpose, Values, and strategic objectives. It also guides the development of key messages, Positioning Strategy, and desired and differentiating attributes; this is Mamo's Promise. The role of Brand extends beyond Positioning; it concerns itself with the delivery of our Promise to people, including the use of marketing channels, customer service, internal communication, technology, and other infrastructure. The CXO can guide aligning the Brand with the delivery of our Promise;
- The CXO is responsible for leading and developing Mamo's Brand and Identity Systems and resources and interpreting and ruling on company Mamo Brand-related inquiries.